Ads

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Of traffic and other minor annoyances...

I hate traffic. HATE. IT.

Most of us do.

I have a sixteen mile commute to work. It takes 10 minutes to drive the first 14 (yeah, I drive like I drink). It takes me almost a half hour to go the rest of the way. It should be all like:



Instead, I end up like this:



And there's nothing I can do about it. Changing the route won't help. There's only one way to get in to work. Can't change my hours and wouldn't want to if I could. Leaving work at 3 p.m. is AWESOME! Of course, getting up in time to start at 6 a.m. bites - Hard!

So, I figure since I've been bitching about not having time to run (or making excuses for not running), I figure I'll just drive in to work early, run, shower and start my day. The way I see it, it's WINNING all the way around.

1.  No more sucky traffic.
2.  Better shot at a good parking spot.
3.  Reduce my water bill, 'cuz I'm showering at work
4.  Good scenery (all the divers run in the morning)

The not so winning part? 

1.  Actually getting out of bed when the alarm goes off the first time
2.  Having to be prepared the night before (clothes, toiletries, food)
3.  Uh...

So, I'm going to have to cave and do all the shit above. Crap. That means I may actually lose the extra pounds I've been carrying all year and have to buy some clothes. 

STILL WINNING! 

And for your listening pleasure, may I suggest a little Social Distortion? You can listen to it and think of me running, early in the morning, in the dark. All by myself. Well, except for those HOTCHA Navy Divers! Trust me, I'll be the short, dark shadow right behind them!

Now, to find out who put Lady GAGA and Taylor Effing Swift on my iPod before I leave in the morning... cuz I can't run to that crap! 





No comments:

Post a Comment