Ads

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday - Because I want to...

Yes - I am nuts. Certifiable. Splendiferously. Commitably. I am a totally OCD, schizophrenic mad woman who love, Love, LOVES her life. So sue me. Not that I'm worth anything, but still...

Today is just one of those days that makes me want to do everything, at once, and dance while I'm doing it. Can't help it - it's just that nice a day. A real 'getting my money out of living in San Diego' kind of day. It goes something like this:

Get to sleep in with out the Terrorist jumping on my bladder because his bladder is full.

Stumble downstairs and The Man Behind The Curtain greets me with a cheerful, warm smile and a mug of fresh, strong, delicious coffee.

The sun is shining, a soft breeze is blowing in from the coast and it's about 68 degrees. Perfect.

And it looked like this:


Enjoy two cups of coffee on the deck, Terrorist curled in my lap, then lace up the sneakers and head out for a walk/jog.

Knee feels great for the first time in a year. No more 'ground glass' ache, even on the down hill. Having quit smoking after the nasty cold earlier this month, lungs feel pretty damn good too. The Man Behind The Curtain takes the Terrorist's leash from me and says "go, run. I know you want to." And I do. So I did.

And it looked like this:


Finish a walk/jog combo of about 2 1/2 miles and still feel great. Hop in the car and go get groceries. MMMM! Seedless watermelon, 2 for $3...fresh cherries, peaches and apricots, a pound of strawberries for $1, assortment of decadent cheeses, Korean ribs for the Bar-B-Q. My mouth is watering already.

Back from the store, The Man Behind The Curtain says "go, write. I know you want to." And I do. So I did.

He puts the groceries away. He starts the ribs for this evening. He cuts up the watermelon and cleans the strawberries. He brings me a plate of fruit and cheese. He says "keep writing. I know you want to." And I do. So I am.

And it's only 11:30 in the morning.

Honestly - does it get any more fucking perfect than this?

And it looks ...





No comments:

Post a Comment