Ads

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

When I'm bad, I'm better...

I've been bad lately. Really bad. I haven't been writing. I've been playing at editing and revising. I haven't hardly even been reading. Well, except for what I owed my Critique Partners. Yup - I've been pretty lazy about my books lately - and I don't even feel guilty.



Even now, preparing this blog post, I had to make two trips downstairs. I had to get a glass of wine first. I wasn't in the mood for scotch and Lord knows I can't write without SOME sort of beverage.

No, water does not count. I was thirsty, not dirty.

Then I had to get some popcorn. Yes, popcorn. The wine made me hungry. Don't roll your eyes - you've been reading my blog long enough to know that popcorn is one of my four primary food groups.

Now - where was I?

Writing - right. So, I'm a pretty OCD person. I do nothing half way. If I can't go all in, I won't even start. Thus the weirdness of this brief hiatus from writing. Well, I guess this is sort of writing, so I should say from "novel writing" or something more specific like that.


My problem is - well, it's spring. And it's gorgeous out. And I was on travel, and then I had a cold and then I had to catch up at work, which means I also had to catch up at home on things like grocery shopping and laundry and the husband and, and. And?

Yeah - the excuses aren't working are they? It's just that some one screwed up a couple thousand years ago and decided there would only be 24 hours in a day and 7 days in week and 5 of those days are work days. See where the problem lies?

So, it's not my fault there's not time enough to have friends over on Sunday for dinner. It's not my fault there's not time enough to get gas in the car, drop the dog off at the groomer's, get a pedicure and make dinner. It's not my fault there isn't time enough to fit in both a four mile run and four chapters of revisions. Nope. It's not my fault.

I'm not giving up. I'm not quitting or stopping. I'm just "Chillin' Out" while the chillin' is good. Because before I know it, I'll be locking myself up here again for hours on end - finishing revisions, sending a massive amount of queries to agents all over the globe and pounding away at the keyboard when the next great idea hits. But for now? Well, now it's time to just rock a little San Diego Spring! Hmmm - wonder if there's time for that new tattoo I wanted to get???





No comments:

Post a Comment