Ads

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Time...our most precious commodity

I'm sure lot's of us "A to Z" Challange participants are blogging about time today. It's our most precious commodity and one of the most plastic concepts we live with.

Time drags and surges, runs out and extends before us like a road to be travelled. It's here, now; there in the past and also there in the future. We yearn for more as often as we wait anxiously, toe tapping on cold tile for it to pass faster.

Time's funny like that. She can be a harsh mistress and a gentle reminder of our frailty and transiency.

Time for me yesterday was like a chain holding me back and pulling me forward concurrently. I had four meetings stacked on top of each other like bricks in a wall. All of them important, all of them needed my attendence and attention. Unfortunately, I can only be in one place at one time - so I had to forgo three of them, ending up in one that took the entire day. I spent twelve and a half hours at work yesterday and I was in the same meeting for ten of those hours.

By the time I got home, all I wanted was a drink and a few hours to relax. But I didn't have time - you see, there are other claims on my time: husband, son, dog, etc.

So I decided to push back on time, try to move needs and tasks to today. Like writing this post. Hopefully, somehow I will find a way to squeeze more than 24 hours into today, meaning I've already exceeded my time limits for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment